At Rivendell, the house of Elrond the Half-Elven, a great council was held of all the free peoples, to decide what to do with the One Ring. Many stories were told and much was debated. Eventually the decision was made to attempt to destroy it, at the Cracks of Doom where it was forged long ago. Frodo volunteered to accept the terrible task and be the Ring-bearer. Elrond chose companions to accompany him on his quest, saying "The Company of the Ring shall be Nine, and the Nine Walkers shall be set against the Nine Riders that are evil".
This is a redesigned box set from the original MB237 set. All figures are redesigned. The box cover art remains the same.
UNprimed box sets are available. Choose from options. These were available due to customer feedback. Unprimed means there is NO parts primed.
This boxed set includes:
- Frodo Baggins - A Hobbit from the Shire and ring bearer.
- Gimli, son of Glóin - A Dwarven Hero,
- Legolas Greenleaf™ - An Elven Prince from Mirkwood,
- Aragorn - The heir to the kingdom of Rohan and Gondor. Also a ranger referred to as 'Strider'.
- Gandalf the wizard - A powerful but mysterious mage.
- Boromir - The oldest son of Denethor II, Steward of Gondor.
- Samwise Gamgee - Best friend of Bilbo and also his gardener.
- Merry and Pippin, - Two young mischievous Hobbits that got drawn into the adventure.
Glue required (not included).
This release is available primed or unprimed via options and some assembly is required. Metal alloy used is lead-free and is mostly Tin with a small amount of Zinc and Antimony.
This product is not suitable for children under the age of 14.
- Boxed Set
- Human (Aragorn and Boromir), Hobbit (Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin), Dwarf (Gimli), Elf (Legolas), Maia (Gandalf).
- Release Date:
- Product option choice between Primed and Unprimed. Unassembled.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is my second purchase of this particular Boxed set from Mithril as I have found the 'new' poses to be very versatile for use in other projects, in particular the Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas and Gimli figures.
I was really excited when I first saw the concept art for the new Fellowship of the Ring box-set and was not disappointed when the package arrived. I find that the redesigned poses of the figures, especially Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas and Gimli will be very useful for planned future projects. Overall I am very pleased with this new set.
Forget the badly made film characters. This is the book fellowship, well crafted and nicely packed, ready for your best diorama ever.
Beautiful set. Great sculpture job, my favourites Hobbits, I love that the characters don't have a caricature look, amazing conceptual design, by far are my favourite design of characters from Tolkien,